There aren’t many events worthy of an all-caps blog entry title, it is nearly impossible for me to convey my excitement for the Memorial Day Log Jam which will take place at Matunuck State Beach. A full day of sliding around my favorite wave with a handful of my favorite surfers…. heart-splosion.
hey, thats me!
Where: Matunuck State Beach
When: May 26, 2012, 9am – 11am
What: ‘See 20 of the areas finest log drivers get properly squared up,’ The event is limited to 20 people, invite only… ‘for the sake of it not becoming a zoo.’ = awesome
Big thanks to Greg Pearson for setting this whole thing up. He is one of my favorite local surfers, he personally contributed to my love for surfing and he is an asset to the great loggin’ community here in Rhode Island. He also did a killer job with the images on the Log Jam tumblr site. Loving it!
What are the prizes? The top three finishers get axes, and first place also gets to hang onto a deluxe flannel coat until the next one!!
This city ... I love it to pieces
Here is a quick list of do’s and dont’s, simple barroom etiquette. Everyone should have a grasp of these rules before they step foot in a bar and attempt to engage in a monetary transaction with the bartender.
Let’s start with the dont’s:
- Ask the bartender to explain her tattoos. Do not ask her if they hurt, where she got them done or the meaning behind them.
- Order one red headed slut, one lemon drop, one liquid cocaine, one sex on the beach, one kamakazie…..
- Ramble on about your recent break up. And for godsake, don’t cry.
- Give her $5.00 for a $4.50 beer (that she grabbed at the speed of lightening, literally) and then walk away.
- Ask her to put a ridiculous penis straws in your drinks.
- Come to the bar every weekend and tell the barmaid (with a condescending tone) that you would like a “margarita, straight up, with salt”… like she is an idiot and can’t remember your stupid drink that you have been ordering every saturday for the past year.
- Order countess glasses of (free) water with out giving her a tip. Yes, its free, but it takes as much time to pour as any other drink..you idiot.
Now for the do’s:
- Leave the bar, go to the arcade across the street, and win the barmaid a bunch of things from the claw machine. Specifically: stuffed alligators and a ballerina necklace. Humor her when she starts to ramble about the episode of Futurama when Bender loses the spaceship keys in the claw machine game (when they are at the amusement park on the moon).
- Make it rain.
- Tell her that today is ‘the best day of you life’ …when she asks how you are doing.
- Order Jameson. And insist that she take one with you.
- Be nice.
Hello dearest friends, this post contains no arts, crafts, faux fur or fire spinning. It is much, much more important than all of those lovely things.
Please do the universe a favor and check out this video. I am honored to call many of these students my personal friends. Especially the beautiful brunette with the big blue eyes. Ms. Caitlin asked me to share this with my followers; I fully support the ‘make it pink’ mission and I would love it if my readers would give it a chance.
“Our professor challenged us to make a viral video. Instead, we decided to make a difference.”
I am so impressed!!!
I know, I know…. I have been a sub-par blogger. Rather than give you another cute-animal-i’m-oh-so-sorry post, I figure it is probably best to explain all of the awesome things that I have been doing aside from blogging. So, this is what I did last week.
I put some posters up (all over the planet) for the awesome WaterFire Fête event that I have been working on.
I danced my face off at Lupo’s. True Crew’s Laidback Luke show was quite entertaining. Thanks Kevin James for this photo!
I helped prepare this setup for laced bass’ show at studio 3 on 4:20.
I had 30 or so of my closet friends up from DC/Philly/NYC/CT/MA. We had the most fantastical Birthday Birthday celebration EVER!
Some beautiful women spun poi in my back yard
Some other beautiful women chatted in said back yard while steven lit some poi on fire and had a couple go’s!
Adi spun, sans-pants.
We had a black light disco in my creepy port-like basement. EZ Almighty rattled the entire house with some extremely dirty beats. Against all odds, the cops did not come. Apparently I can light things on fire and be as loud as I want, my house must be in some sort of mayhem-containing vortex.
And all I have to show for it are these terrible photos and an overflowing bowl of bacon grease. <3
My buddy was owed 20 bucks (or maybe it was $10, I can’t remember) by one of his buddies. He went to collect his loan and the friend had no cash, but he did have this amazing unicorn mirror. Needless to say, my buddy made out like a bandit.
will be chockfull of debauchery! (if all goes as planned)
To all of my party people: make sure you stop by Studio 3 tonight for some of the best electronic music & visuals to ever hit Rhode Island ….and their poster is also pretty awesome.
I fully support the astronaut.
For the duration of the weekend… I will be hosting the most amazing group of individuals for a chill-sesh of epic proportions. Ms. Tawny Love, I am honored to help facilitate your birthday party and I can’t wait to show you an amazing time!